Jeff Davi, of Monterey, California, is a Realtor/Broker with many years of experience in the real estate field. On October 6, 2004, Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger appointed Jeff Davi as Real Estate Commissioner for the State of California.
As Commissioner, Jeff oversaw the licensing and regulation of over 543,000 real estate licensees and was responsible for a staff of approximately 342 until the summer of 2011.
Prior to being appointed, he managed a family-owned residential and commercial real estate firm in the Monterey area.
After returning to Monterey and his business he join forces with the Monterey Peninsula Home Team of Keller Williams while still maintaining the family’s property management business at A.G. Davi Property Management.
Married to Kelly, father of 5, grandfather of 3 and graduate of St Mary’s College.
- Commissioner of Real Estate, State of California 2004 – 2011.
- Regulating the over 500,000 California Real Estate Licensees in all areas of real estate including property management, lending, and real estate sales or leasing.
- Providing approval of statutory required public reports on property that is subdivided within the state and offered for sale to consumers.
- Supervise 342 employees and 5 offices throughout the state.
- 350+ Keynote/Motivational Speaking Engagements.
- Nearly two decades of experience in real estate sales, leasing, management and financing.
- Experienced in regulating the real estate industry including, subdivisions, time-share operations and real estate licensees.
- Possess broad based experience in real estate, trade associations and related public and private sector for profit and not for profit entities.
- California Association of REALTORS, member Board of Directors.
- Licensed California Broker since 1994, Managing Broker and co-owner of family owned and operated real estate and property management firm from 1994-2004, licensed Broker in Arizona since 2000.
- Elected 3 times as 5th District Representative of the Monterey County Republican Party.
- Monterey County Association of REALTORS Board of Directors, 2001 to 2004.
– REALTOR of the Year 1993, Selected by his peers. Founding Director 1995, Board Member 1995-98.
- California Association of REALTORS, State Director, 1994-1997 and 2003-2004.
- Directed key developments in the California Real Estate community as Chairman of RE InfoLink MLS in 2003 & 2003, and as President of Monterey County Association of REALTORS in 2002.
- Third generation resident of Monterey County.
- Chair of Leadership Board of Kinship Center, A Member of board of directors of Seneca Family of Agencies – current
- Served as Representative of Secretary Sunne Wright McPeak on the California Housing Finance Agency Board of Directors 2006-2008.
- Chairman of the Monterey Juvenile Impact Program.
- Monterey County Youth Museum, Board of Directors, 1999-2004.
- Economic Development Corporation of Monterey County President, 1997-1999, Board Member 1994-2004.
- Kinship Center (statewide adoption & foster care not-for-profit agency) President, Board of Directors 2002-2003.
- Volunteer auctioneer having raised over $1 million for non-profit boards, schools & foundations throughout Monterey County.
- Common Ground of Monterey County, Board Member, 1999-2004.
- Candidate for Monterey County Supervisor 1993 & 1996.
- Affordable Housing Corporation of Monterey County President, 1995 to 2004, Board Member 1990-2004.
- Proven leader and task force organizer as co-founder of organizations like 21st Century Solutions; Monterey Peninsula Water Coalition; the Affordable Housing Steering Council of Monterey County and the Associated Rowers of St. Mary’s College.
- Appointed to the Monterey County Flood Task Force 1994-1995
- Appointed to the Monterey Peninsula Water Management District Citizen’s Financial Advisory Task Force 1992
- Affordable Housing Steering Council of Monterey County Co-Founder and Chairman, 1993-1995.
- Monterey County Visitor and Convention Bureau, Founding Director, 1994, Member Board of Directors, 1994-1996.
- Monterey Peninsula Water Coalition, Co-Founding Member since 1992.
- Member Northern California Lincoln Club since 1996.
- Business Member of Monterey Chamber of Commerce since 1989.
- United Way of the Monterey Peninsula, Campaign Chairman, 1995, Board Member 1993-1997.